The LGA will be focusing its lobbying work on those bills which are priorities to local government.
This includes working with parliamentarians on the following legislation:
- Building Safety Bill
- Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Bill
- Health and Care Bill
- Local Government (Disqualification) Bill
- Down Syndrome Bill
- Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill
- Skills and Post-16 Education Bill
- Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles (Safeguarding and Road Safety) Bill
- Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill
- Pedicabs (London) Bill
The Queen's speech on 11 May 2021 set out the Government’s agenda for the next Parliamentary session. Our 'on the day briefing' details the new Bills of relevance to local government and outlines our local government priorities.