Many thanks for your interest in our training events.
We are currently providing an online training webinar for new peers. If you are interested in becoming a peer and attending one of these sessions we would be really pleased to hear from you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send more details when available.
These training sessions will cover:
- The current peer challenge offer, and how the peer challenge approach is evolving and being used by authorities – helping to raise awareness and ensure understanding about the offer
- Have an improved understanding and awareness of the LGA's Recovery & Renewal Panel and Remote Peer Support offer to support sector led improvement through Covid 19
- The role of peers including the key expectations and responsibilities – ensuring that peers are ready and confident to be part of a Recovery & Renewal Panel
We are always looking for new peers with a wide range of skills, experienced senior local government officers willing to share their knowledge and learning that reflect the diversity, talents and needs of the sector. You will need an excellent knowledge of local government and an understanding what good looks like.
We are particularly looking for people with experience of:
- commercialisation and economic growth
- the green agenda / climate change
- emergency planning and assurance
We are committed to ensuring our peers reflect the diversity and creativity of local government and the communities they serve, and therefore especially encourage interest from underrepresented groups.
If you have any queries about becoming a peer and attending a future peer training event you can email or speak to one of the peer placement team:
Alison Gover (0207 6643021)
Alex Marshall (0207 6643135)
Ged Perkins (0207 6643167)
For any further information about peer challenge or peer working please email PeerSupportEnquiries@local.gov.uk