Taking action to: recruit and retain the right workforce; address key future occupational skill shortages; promote jobs and careers; identify, develop and motivate talent and address diversity issues.
The LGA Consultancy offers the following products and services to improve recruitment and retention:
Recruitment of chief officers and chief executives
Recruiting senior managers in local government is a resource-intensive exercise, often fraught with political sensitivities, requiring market knowledge of the local government employment sector.
The LGA wants to support councils which have not got the in-house expertise required to recruit to senior positions. The LGA Consultancy can provide councils with independent, expert knowledge and technical advice to help their in-house teams.
With the experience gained through dealing with its members, expertise on pay, job evaluations and HR strategies, the LGA can provide support with all – or selected – parts of the recruitment process; starting from when you receive a resignation letter to sending out a job offer.
We possess expertise in the following areas:
- carrying out exit interviews to analyse job and organisational issues
- drafting job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing advertisements and placing these with the appropriate media
- preparing recruitment information packs
- managing the response handling service
- advising on short-listing and recruitment processes
- carrying out ‘long-listing’ and preliminary interviews
- undertaking a full testing and assessment process – including providing feedback to interviewees
- attending interviews to advise panels on process and technical support
- concluding job offers and agreeing benefits packages
- record keeping and monitoring/analysis of recruitment statistics and information
- training HR, line managers, chief officers and/or members in recruitment and selection
- re-writing recruitment policies and procedures
- checking and/or writing equalities policies that impact on recruitment and retention.
The LGA Consultancy provides a flexible, practical and results driven approach which remains at all times cost effective. Should you wish to discuss where the LGA may be able to help please contact: email@example.com.